Setting the default brigtness and contrast

Is there a way to set the default brightness and contrast from within paperwork? My scanner is very washed out and there does not seem to be any support for fixing it directly in sane settings.

Thanks

john

Hello,

There isn’t.

The only thing in Paperwork that may help you with this problem at the moment is the Automatic Color Equalization: After scanning, you can edit the page (top right corner of the page) and click on the Automatic Color Equalization button. Hopefully it will fix the contrast/brightness of your scans automatically and correctly. If it doesn’t work, I would appreciate if you could submit some samples so I can try to tweak the algorithm later.

I wonder, what scanner do you use ? Is there already a scan test report for it in the scanner DB ??

Hi,

Ah, I thought that might be the case. The automatic colour eq button does seem to do a pretty decent job but it only applies on one page at a time so I was looking for a default that would work out the box.

I think I may have brought the wrong scanner in hindsight as the sane page seems to suggest there is no calibration support. It’s a Cannon P215, I submitted to the DB last week some time. https://openpaper.work/en/scanner_db/scanner/254/

Thanks
john

The automatic colour eq button does seem to do a pretty decent job but it only applies on one page at a time so I was looking for a default that would work out the box.

In Paperwork 2.0, it will be possible to run Automatic Color Equalization on all scans and imports automatically. The option won’t be visible in the GUI though ; It’s provided by a plugin, and enabling this plugin will be possible only from the command line.

the sane page seems to suggest there is no calibration support.

I’m not sure what you mean by “calibration”. Predefined brightness and contrast settings ?