Good news everyone, what-will-be-Paperwork-2.1 has entered testing phase.
Testing phase is about testing Paperwork but also about translating it. Testing phases usually last about a month or so.
Paperwork 2.1 is now in the branch ‘testing’.
If you use Linux, you can get it using Flatpak:
flatpak --user uninstall work.openpaper.Paperwork # if it is already installed flatpak --user install https://builder.openpaper.work/paperwork_testing.flatpakref
If you use Windows, you can install it thanks to this installer: https://download.openpaper.work/windows/installer/paperwork_testing_installer.exe
The main changes are:
- Responsive GUI (thanks to Mjourdan)
- Various look-and-feel improvements (thanks to Mjourdan)
- Support for multiple work directory: Paperwork keeps the index for each work directory for about a month now (thanks to Timo Klerx)
- When exporting a page or a document, an option “send by email” is now available (Linux only) (thanks to Guillaume Girol)
- Support for .odt, .docx, etc. Requires LibreOffice (the Flatpak version of Paperwork includes its own stripped-down LibreOffice)
- Support for password-protected PDF files
- Label guessing is now much more accurate
There are still many things that need to be done before releasing Paperwork 2.1. Of course contributions are welcome.
All the changes below will go directly to the Git branch ‘testing’. I will periodically merge the changes from the branch ‘testing’ to the branch ‘develop’.
Feel free to test it and report any bug you find on the bug tracker or using the integrated bug report system.
Translations can be done in Weblate . You can freely register on it.
There are 6 components to translate:
If you need contexts or screenshots for some translations, don’t hesitate to ask me, either in the Paperwork category of this forum or by email. Beware that if you just add comments on Weblate, I am not notified.
If you want to translate Paperwork in languages that are not yet enabled in Weblate, just tell me and I’ll enable them.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,