OCR correction

Hi there.
What is the best way to correct the OCR if text was poorly recognized except of editing paper.1.words file with a text editor?

And is there a feature planed for editing the recognized text within paperwork?
Like hover over the text, and when the blue frame with the text in it appears, that one can not only copy, but also edit the text?

Hello,

What is the best way to correct the OCR if text was poorly recognized except of editing paper.1.words file with a text editor?

The basic idea is to not correct it. Keep in mind that the end goal of Paperwork is being lazy.

• Paperwork makes “fuzzy” searches: Even if a word is slightly misread, you should still be able to find it. For instance, flesch will match both flesh and flésch but not fleischnaka or flèche.
  • If the OCR really messed up / failed, you can add keywords on the document in the field “additional keywords” (below the label list when you edit the document properties).

And is there a feature planed for editing the recognized text within paperwork?

Not planned on my side.

But with Paperwork 2.0, it will be possible to make plugins, so maybe someone else will spend time making one (who knows ?).

I wanted the same until I realized I can make Paperwork find all things by using keywords.