Installation on Ubuntu 24.04 not possible

Hey,

Unfortunately it is not possible to install Paperwork under Ubuntu 24.04. It is displayed in the store, but no package information is displayed and installation is also not possible.

An installation via source code or AppImage also failed and Flatpak is out of the question for me because of the network scanner.

Has anyone had similar experiences or knows a solution?

Thank you!

Hello, I have the same issue. It is as if the path to the paperwork repository containing the files to download were incorrect.

You wrote on May, 2 and it is now June, 10, I hope the team will finally check this out. Maybe we should consider trying, if nothing happen, to reach them directly, because this kind of problem makes them to loose lots of people who, after installation of a linux OS and the tour they usually make at that point to choose among the different applications proposed, will skip paperwork because of this.

This is very bad.

I tried to install it manually but it was not possible due to a problem about locating the package (which confirms my supposition about the path problem). Here’s what I have when I try to install it with command line :

$ sudo apt install paperwork-gtk paperwork-gtk-l10n-fr paperwork-shell
[sudo] password for [my user name]: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package paperwork-gtk
E: Unable to locate package paperwork-gtk-l10n-fr
E: Unable to locate package paperwork-shell

Let’s hope it will be fixed soon.

Have a nice day.

Hello,

This is a Debian/Ubuntu packaging problem, not an openpaper.work one.

For GNU/Linux, the only packages that I provide officially are the Flatpak package and the AppImage package.

For Debian and Ubuntu, the packages come from Debian and are packaged by a third-party dev/maintainer. For some reason, Paperwork packages are not available in Debian testing at the moment. If I’m not mistaken, Ubuntu is based on Debian testing, hence the missing packages in Ubuntu too.

Unfortunately, now that Ubuntu 24.04 has been released, I don’t know if this problem can be fixed. You may have to fall back on the Flatpak or AppImage packages. This problem should be discussed on Debian bug tracker (or Ubuntu bug tracker).

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer, it is really appreciated to see how dedicated you are with your application.

I discoverd Paperwork through a linux application manager (which by the way is named “Discover”), without it I would never have know about this great software.

I’ll probably try to write about this problem on a Debian, Ubuntu (or Kubuntu, I use the KDE environment) bug tracker thread of their own to ask them to fix this.

If you do it before (you would certainly explain it better than I could do), it would be great and I will be happy to see Paperwork back on their store.

Let’s hope it will be fixed soon.

Best regards.

PS : Je viens de remarquer que tu es sans doute francophone,…du coup, sincères salutations à toi depuis la Belgique :wink: