Heads up : Branch 'wip-plugins' (future Paperwork 2.0) will be merged in branch 'develop' soon

Hello,

The branch ‘wip-plugins’ (related to #194) contains a full rewrite of Paperwork and a lot of features are still missing in it. However it is now barely usable. It starts to show some of the improvements that will come with Paperwork 2.0 (better shell commands, faster document rendering, faster search, code easier to read, understand and maintain, etc).

I’m going to merge it in the branch ‘develop’ in the coming days.

If you’re using the branch ‘develop’ for day-to-day things, I advise you switch to the branch ‘master’.

What is already implemented in ‘wip-plugins’:

• Shell commands (paperwork-cli and paperwork-json): complete or close to be
  • GTK interface (paperwork-gtk):
    • Load and display the document list (thumbnails, labels, etc)
    • Search
    • Display page images (no word boxes)

Anything else is still missing.

Best regards,

Future-Paperwork 2.0 has been merged in the branch ‘develop’.

It can be tested using Flatpak:

flatpak install --user https://builder.openpaper.work/paperwork_develop.flatpakref
flatpak run work.openpaper.Paperwork//develop
If you want to try it, just beware that the settings dialog is not available yet. So you have to use `paperwork-cli` to set the location of your work directory. Also, internally, future-Paperwork 2.0 only uses URL now, so you must prefix the path to your work directory with `file://`.

For instance:

paperwork-cli config put workdir str file:///home/jflesch/tmp/real_papers

Flatpak style:

flatpak run --command="paperwork-cli" work.openpaper.Paperwork//develop config put workdir str file:///home/jflesch/tmp/real_papers

In the settings, the option to change the work directory has been implemented. It should make it easier to try what will be Paperwork 2.0.

Just beware that this new version will resize down your thumbnails. I suggest not trying it on the main copy of your documents. In other words, copy your work directory (~/papers) before trying it.

Settings are now implemented (at least equivalent to those in 1.3). I’m currently working on scanning.